I really like posting this on a weekly basis (sometimes I miss that goal!) as it keeps me accountable and does make me think twice about some of the things that pop up!
It’s been an odd week … I don’t know what it is but I’ve just been really out of sorts …
Here are some of the Frugal Activities that we did this past week:
1. Hubby needed more white dress shirts … hard to find in the stores so he went online, found some for $24.00 each in the size he wanted. Free shipping which kept me out of the mall, therefore, frugal!
2. Made my salad dressing for the week
3. Made another batch of mayo
4. Put off my Costco trip again … seriously, I could probably just stay OUT of Costco, but it drives me nuts to pay the prices in the grocery store for certain things when I know Costco has the same item way cheaper. PLUS … they have the best spiral sliced ham and I want to pick one (or two?) up for Easter … I will most likely go on Thursday since I took off that day and Good Friday …
5. Paid all my bills for the month online. I’m pretty stoked that its not even the 15th and everything is paid for. I need to move money to the Orange account, but I have wind storm, hazard and flood insurance coming due in the beginning of May … not sure how long it takes to transfer the money back so I think I will have to just let the funds sit in my checking account for the time being.
6. I did hit up the grocery store twice this week. Publix had the Purdue Simply Smart chicken on sale. I had coupons so picked up 6 bags total … 2 of the bags rang up at the wrong price $8.99 each AND they didn’t do buy one get one free. I got BOTH free with the Publix Promise … those of you who shop Publix need to remember that!
And of course, here are some of our NOT so Frugal Activities:
1. I left the office TWICE for lunch this past week and did a drive through at McD. Really. Not sure why I felt the need to do so, other than the fact that it got me out of the office. I parked at a nearby park and ate sitting on a bench.
2. Met Hubby for lunch on Friday at a local joint … uggg, lunch was $38 for a so-so meal. I even had ice water … I don’t suppose we will do lunch there very often in the future!
I think that’s it for my non-frugal activities which is more than enough!