I really like doing this post each week as it keeps me accountable and does make me think twice about some things 🙂
Hubby has been gone all week long. And he’s still gone … the Menu Plan was a great idea and all but in reality, I’ve had popcorn for dinner, out two nights with each kid, out with my girlfriend and a quick (!) stop at Costco to pick up a few things for my dad and our household. Uh huh. I plan on making the Damn Fine Chicken today and hopefully I can get a post and review up this weekend!
I don’t know if I should go with the NON Frugal Activities first or not as it might appear to be a very unfrugal week here! Uggg! I was doing so well, so I thought!
Oh … I finally pulled out the $5 savings container and counted how much was in there on June 1st. $247.00 total. Wow. This has $20’s, $10’s, lots of $5’s and a few $1 bills in there. I’ve made it a point to empty out my wallet on Friday night before adding my new cash in for the week $60 to $100 for groceries) and that is really adding up fast.
I am going to hopefully tackle ALL THREE freezers today too which should make for a frugal adventure in that there is SO MUCH stuff in them I’m sure to find something fun and exciting to make and eat for Sunday!
Here are some of the Frugal Activities we did do:
1. Avoided any and all stores until Thursday night when I had to pick up some Depends for my dad. Costco has a massive package for $42 or so as opposed to the $16 it cost for one small pack. At least this way, I’m hoping, he won’t try to “stretch the use” of a pair. I won’t say anything more.
2. Paid all my bills that were here for the month, online. I have the water bill and electric bill still coming in, otherwise everything is paid.
3. Continued to have $30 deducted from my account every Monday to put in a savings account.
4. Inquired with Capital One 360 about the $50 bonus for opening a checking account. I think I’m going to do this for the groceries. Maybe if I put $400 on the first Friday of the month and used that card only, it would keep me more in line?
5. Drove Hubbys zippy little car as opposed to the behemoth Tahoe … 150 miles so far this week and I have not even used 1/4 of a tank of gas. Sweet … I would normally be 3/4 down!
6. Not sure if this is thrifty: went with girlfriend to casino to have a few drinks and play poker at the bar (she knows the bartender) … gave myself $100 for betting and she was buying the drinks. I played $60 and won $98 so I was ahead. Picked up bar tab since I won! Still walked out with an additional $18 in my pocket!
7. Made breakfast and used up the leftover for lunch all 5 days of the work week.
And then, of course, full disclosure and the NOT so Frugal Activities:
1. Took Princess out to eat on Tuesday night to our favorite little pub … $30 spent. Princess paid the tip.
2. Took Princess, Boy and his girlfriend out Wednesday night to a little Mexican joint … margaritas for all except for one (ahem, I was NOT the one) and spent $87. Kids pitched in the tip … at least I had leftovers for 2 days worth of lunches.
3. Received a Subscribe and Save delivery for protein powder … would have sworn I cancelled that but will double check today.