Hey hey, it’s been a LONG time since I’ve shared any of our Frugal Activities and I would love to get back in the habit of doing so!
This past week has been pretty good on the frugal front, thankfully … we really need it! This insurance and cancer stuff is pretty expensive, you know?
Being intentionally frugal is the best approach to having a successful week, trust me!
Here’s some of the Frugal Activities we’ve been doing for the past few days!
1. I personally avoided the store … Hubby went one day and spent a whopping $30 … such a thrifty guy! He had a chemo session so he needed to stock up on liquids to drink for 3 days … I’m ok with this as it’s very important that he stays hydrated!
2. Gave myself a manicure AND painted my toes. Ahem, not just the toe nails, I might add. I started laughing half way through as I couldn’t see squat and could see the dark blue polish on the sides of my toes. Oh well, saved me a minimum of $60 doing it myself. Perfect? No, but good enough for me!
3. Paid all the bills for the month online. The beauty of this is I can set up the stuff to be paid whenever the due date is, be it 2 days out or 3 weeks out. Set it up and move on!
4. Went another week without breaking down on the shampoo front. No, I’m not going poo-less BUT have decided to use up my back up supply of shampoo before I buy more.
5. Menu Planned for the first time in a while and yes, it paid off! No, we didn’t follow it 100% but about 80% which was fine with me!
6. Received a bonus from one of the attorneys in office and applied the full thing towards the lowest balance credit card. I’m really looking forward to having all this stuff paid off soon!
And of course, full disclosure of some of our NOT so Frugal Activities:
1. Still sitting on 2 units and a house that are vacant in Indiana. Hubby flew out this morning to try and finalize the upgrades and hopefully get them rented out before he comes back home. We just found out another property will be vacant come May 1st as well. Need to get that rental income moving again! *Fingers crossed that Hubby feels ok, he had his 3rd treatment on Tuesday followed by 48 hours of the pump and was feeling pretty crummy for a few days there.
2. Food waste. I was very sad at the amount of food I’ve had to throw out. With Hubby’s eating issues, we haven’t been able to to come up with a solid plan of what’s good and not for him. I don’t know if we ever will!
3. We cancelled our current listing agreement with the realtor. Why is this NOT frugal? Because that means a gazillion realtors are calling to get the listing because, heck, everyone wants a million dollar listing on their books. If only they had a buyer. And this is another few weeks off the market which means it’s not going to sell by the end of April. Ugh. I’m so over this house sale business!
What have you been doing to stay Frugal lately?